Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Flea Market Finds


I decided to go junking at a local flea market on Sunday and found these few little treasures.  I loved these jars, at $3 each they were a steal and they say........made in Canada!


and white tulips are the perfect thing to pick you up on a snowy white 
day in February!


I also picked up these old school lockers for a coat closet.  We have no foyer, or mudroom or a front hall closet for that matter.  So, I thought why not try and find some old lockers, paint them up and well, bob's your uncle.........as the saying goes.  They were bright orange and black but I painted them off white to blend in.  I love the contrast to the number plates and they now hide all of our coats, hats, mitts, boots..........well, you get the picture.




Happy Tuesday! xo

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your finds! The tulips look darling in the little vintage jars and wow, score on the lockers. They add a bit of whimsy and fun! Thanks for sharing your treasures!
Have a great week!
Michelle :)

Blondie's Journal said...

I love little canning jars for vases...they are just too charming. Your tulips are beautiful!!

How neat to have found those lockers. I think Pottery Barn is selling them for a small fortune! Great find!

XO,
Jane

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Those little jars are so cute! I have a lockers like that (gray) and I can't talk the mister into bringing them up from the garage!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Love them!!! Can't wait to see your picture done....don't you just love that store!!! x0x0

Anonymous said...

The vintage glass jars are a great find... They look lovely with the white tulips. Those tulips... first time I am seeing tulips of this colour :) They look lovely.. as pure as snow! Vintage translucent glass jars fit in apt as the flower holder.

Anonymous said...

The vintage glass jars are a great find... They look lovely with the white tulips. Those tulips... first time I am seeing tulips of this colour :) They look lovely.. as pure as snow! Vintage translucent glass jars fit in apt as the flower holder.

Jule aus 9B said...

Oh you are lucky to have found those beautiful jars and lockers. Only yesterday I decided to go to fleamarkets this year (which I always wanted to do but never picked myself up to). The markets in our town are not very good, you would never find something useful there, but there is a regular fleamarket (one of the biggest in Germany) in an adjacent town where I will go this year. Hope to be as lucky as you and find something nice ...
Bye,
Jule

The Single Nester said...

What great finds. I never ever ever find anything.

Deb said...

What fabulous finds! Love the "Made in Canada" jars & the school lockers with the number plates. Love anything quirky like that :-)