Monday, February 21, 2011

An indoor garden.........

My favourite room in the house still is and I think always will be the kitchen.  I have been growing herbs on the window sill all winter but I decided to spruce it up a bit by adding a little widow box made from recycled wood.  The licence plate on it I got at a local antique store, I think it used to be a moped plate.  Just a touch of spring on a cold February day...........



I also brought in some forsythia branches in the hopes that they may sprout for another touch of spring indoors....


Aside from the moped plate I also picked up this sign when shopping with my good friend Chrissy......I just love the way it looks, a perfect addition to my kitchen.


Have a good week everyone xo


8 comments:

the growers daughter said...

Love how you incorporated the vintage bits here and there! They make it look so lovely. (I love that sign!)

And, I'm jealous of your forsynthia branches! I need to find me some!

Faded Plains said...

Love your wood window box...it looks great!

Jana said...

Hallo, your window wood box is beautiful. I love growing herbs in kitchen too. Have a nice week.
Jana

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hey darlin...wow what a pretty post,love where you put the license plate!!! call you in the morning,can't wait to get my slipcovers!!!! x0x0

Anonymous said...

What a charming sign! I love finding quirky pieces like that. The plate was a great addition to the window box, too. Oh, how I wish I could grow herbs like that. I have a few but the Parsley is the only one that has survived :)~M

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I just love everything about this look! Unfortunately I don't have a good kitchen place for plants.Love your box!!!

oldgreymare said...

I adore forsythia- grew up in PA and miss it every Spring- every single spring...34 years of no forsythia..dang desert! lol

xx
z

Deb said...

Love the little window box ledges ~ great idea!